InkStainedFingers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InkStainedFingers - Your number one GFX resource!

3 posters

How to start bodybuilding/working out

PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Name: Trollin'
    Health:
    How to start bodybuilding/working out Left_bar_bleue1/0How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Speciality: Simplicity

How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty How to start bodybuilding/working out

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 am

Well first of, you'd probably be thinking that I'm too young to start working out and it'll stunt my height growth. That's a myth. It's actually proven that it working out does not stunt growth.

I'll start with the benefits of working out.
    Makes you look better. Face it, who doesen't want to look better.
    Feel better.
    Gives you confidence.
    Increases metabolism and helps burn fat Smile

That will help motivate you Smile

Next the tips.

Eat enough protein. Protein actually helps your body to build muscle. So protein is very important.

Eat enough carbohydrates. Imagine if you go to the gym and workout for four hours. Sometimes I stay for even longer. Once your body runs out of carbohydrates to burn it'll start eating into the protein in your body.

If you can, take supplements. Why? Because they WORK.

Do not overtrain
    Overtraining can actually tear your muscle down. What I mean is if your muscle is sore, DO NOT TRAIN IT. Even if it's just a little bit.

Train different muscle groups on different days. This is my training schedule.
    Monday - Chest/Abs
    Tuesday - Lats
    Wednesday - Biceps
    Thursday - Chest/Abs
    Friday - Chest
    Saturday - Abs
    Sunday - Lats

You can see that they way I plan it is such that there isn't two consecutive days of where I work out the same muscle group.

You should spend some time, plan out what you plan to work out on each day. Also set goals and keep track of how close you are to them each week.

Awesum much?
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Name: Rainbow Dash
    Health:
    How to start bodybuilding/working out Left_bar_bleue100/100How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty Re: How to start bodybuilding/working out

Post by Pivetor Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:38 am

Well first of, you'd probably be thinking that I'm too young to start working out and it'll stunt my height growth. That's a myth. It's actually proven that it working out does not stunt growth.

Is that a legit myth? I never even heard of such things Smile

Good little tutorial all the same though Very Happy
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:
    How to start bodybuilding/working out Left_bar_bleue1/0How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)

How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty Re: How to start bodybuilding/working out

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Yea all my friends and some people online believe that it'll stunt their height growth. Hence they don't workout at all which makes them really unfit. It's impossible to convince them though. If you've never heard of the myth just search "Bodybuilding stunt growth" or you could just click here : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bodybuilding+Stunt+Growth
    sage
    sage

Post by sage Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm

one of my friends is super buff and like 5'5.
    everyone else just started working out this year (junior year)
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't like short and buff people. I think they look wierd. Short people have an advantage though, they are able to gain mass on their chest and arms much easier. I'm 5'8 and I still have time to grow Very Happy
    I wanna get tall and HUGE.
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Health:
    How to start bodybuilding/working out Left_bar_bleue100/100How to start bodybuilding/working out Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by Pivetor Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 pm

I cannot gain any muscle on my upper body, but I have a natural 6 pack. Meaning I do not have to work out for it to be there. But working it even the slightest bit makes it show more. I have been working out for a few weeks now on my upper body, but cannot seem to gain anything >.>
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:57 pm

You probably have but you are unaware of it. Next time take pictures of your upper body every week. Soon when you pit them together you'll see muscle gain.
    sage
    sage

Post by sage Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 am

i'm 5'8 and i haven't grown in like 3 years :<
    my 7th grade clothes still fit. i'm in 11th grade.
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Pivetor Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:23 am

I was 5'1 in middle school, now like 5'9 Smile
    sage
    sage

Post by sage Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 am

i was 5'7 in 7th
    and 5'8 from 8th on

i wear size 9 shoes :I
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by PickMeDown Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 am

I'm wearing size 10.5 shoes. That's according to USA size. In UK size it's 10.
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Pivetor Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

I have any where from 12-13 size shoes in US.
    sage
    sage

Post by sage Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:24 pm

oh my god, you're a monster
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Pivetor Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:28 pm

rofl, I got big feet yes Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 am