InkStainedFingers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InkStainedFingers - Your number one GFX resource!

2 posters

How to make your own paper textures

PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Name: Trollin'
    Health:
    How to make your own paper textures Left_bar_bleue1/0How to make your own paper textures Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Speciality: Simplicity

How to make your own paper textures Empty How to make your own paper textures

Post by PickMeDown Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 pm

What you need
    Paper
    Scanner

Most printers come with a scanner nowadays. If you don't have a scanner, I guess you could also use a digital camera to take a picture of the piece of paper. You will need a powerful camera though, textures need to be very, very clear.

Step one, scan your piece of paper.
    Step two, upload it to a image sharing site.(Optional) You only need to upload it to image sharing sites if you want to give downloaders a preview.
    Step three, compress all your images into a .rar archive.
    Step four, upload the .rar archive to an online file host of some sort.
    /facepalm
    Since this guide is so short I'll try to go deeper into each of the steps.

Some things you can do to a piece of paper for cool effects.
    Crumple it
    Gently dip it into tea or coffee and then leave it out to dry
    Burn the sides or a hole in the middle
    Tear out the sides

If you want, you can also go to the library and borrow a really old book. Then just scan a blank page. This gives a more realistic old look than dipping it in coffee or tea.

Some popular image sharing sites.
    Flickr
    Photobucket
    Tinypic
    Image shack
    Out of all of them, I would choose flickr. They never delete your photos unless it contains inappropriate material.

How do I compress the images into a .rar archive?
    First off, you need a program that can create/open .rar files.
    In my opinion winrar is one of the best programs for doing this. Once installed, just right click on your desktop and select "New WinRar archive". Once created, open it up and drag all your images into the archive. Simple?

Now for some popular file hosts.
    There are thousands of them out there, but I'll name the best few. NOTE : Most of these require you to sign up.
    4shared
    Mediafire
    Megaupload
    Uploading.com
    FileDen
    Afraid they will delete your images and too lazy to upload to multiple hosts? Try multiupload. It uploads your file to multiple file host. Best of all, you don't need to sign up. Simple upload your file and they give you back a link. When somebody clicks on the link they can choose what host they prefer to download from.

I'm done. Lol.
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Name: Rainbow Dash
    Health:
    How to make your own paper textures Left_bar_bleue100/100How to make your own paper textures Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

How to make your own paper textures Empty Re: How to make your own paper textures

Post by Pivetor Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 am

It would be amazing if I had one major thing. A scanner. I guess that ruins the whole purpose of this if you do not have a scanner lol.
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:
    How to make your own paper textures Left_bar_bleue1/0How to make your own paper textures Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)

How to make your own paper textures Empty Re: How to make your own paper textures

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Yea. Actually my printer already comes with a scanner so I don't have to buy it seperately. It's actually really handy but theres no point getting one just to create paper textures.
    Pivetor
    Pivetor
    Admins
    Admins

Character sheet
    Name: Rainbow Dash
    Health:
    How to make your own paper textures Left_bar_bleue100/100How to make your own paper textures Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by Pivetor Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:19 pm

I do not even own a printer >.>
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by PickMeDown Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Oh lol. I need one for school so I was forced to get one. You could still take a picture of the paper with a camera. You need a ppwerful camera though. And the paper needs to be really, really straight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am