InkStainedFingers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InkStainedFingers - Your number one GFX resource!

3 posters

How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp.

Poll

TIS GUIDE ROCKS NO?

[ 1 ]
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. I_vote_lcap100%make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. I_vote_lcap0%make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Name: Trollin'
    Health:
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Left_bar_bleue1/0make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Speciality: Simplicity

make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Empty How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp.

Post by PickMeDown Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Requirements
    Time : 20 mins?
    Gimp
    -----------------------------
    First off, open up a new image in Gimp. Keep it on these settings.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 55838647
    Select the gradient tool and choose "Horizon 2" as the Gradient. Then select your brush tool and use "Sparks" as your brush. Then select "use colour from gradient.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 77244854
    Randomly put sparks around your image. It should turn out something like this.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 91951343
    Go to "Filters" - "Map" - "Displace" and Set both the vertical displacement and horizontal displacement to somewhere around 100.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 46836724
    You will get something like this.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 50734174
    Select your eraser tool, and select the brush as circle. Then erase everything that doesen't look like bubbles. I got this as a result.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 92016104
    Put in your text and then use the horizon gradient on your text. Then go to "Filters" - "Map" - "Displace" and Set both the vertical displacement and horizontal displacement to somewhere around 40, depending on how readable you want your text to be. (Obviously the lower the more readable.)
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 86433952
    Duplicate the text layer and move the duplication down to below the original text layer.
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 75530161
    Select the duplication and go to "Filters" - "Blur" - "Gaussian blur" and set it to around 20.
    You're done! End result : make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 92839717
    After tweaking it a little : make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. 64323028
    (Made it transperant and added some other stuff.)
    Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
    Scene

make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Empty Re: How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp.

Post by Scene Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 am

Awesome tutorial. Trying out currently. However the erasing part is really a pain in the arse. D:
    PickMeDown
    PickMeDown
    Main Administrator
    Main Administrator

Character sheet
    Name: Trollin'
    Health:
    make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Left_bar_bleue1/0make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Speciality: Simplicity

make - How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp. Empty Re: How to make a Bubbly Effect in Gimp.

Post by PickMeDown Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Scene wrote:Awesome tutorial. Trying out currently. However the erasing part is really a pain in the arse. D:
    Yea it really is. However, if you manage to finish it please post your result here!
    Darren.C
    Darren.C

Post by Darren.C Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:01 pm

For me the images that are showing up are just frogs with the message i need to register? Do you think you can use photo bucket to post the images? I think they will just pop up for everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 am